• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

CC Moore

Gareth Boycott

Last season I had some good catches early season fishing pellet. However during winter things became tough and I feel that a boilie and paste wrap would have been a better approach (more attraction,less feed). After plenty of online research I have decided to go with one of the CC Moore boilies. I was contemplating having my own bait designed but feel at this stage in my barbel fishing education I would be better off picking a tried and tested bait as this will help with confidence.

So,I'm looking for a good year round bait (primarily Autumn & Winter). The river I fish has quite a low stocking density but the fish are of a good average size. Has anyone used any of the four CC Moore boilies? If so, is there one that seems to fit what I'm looking for more than others? I've been sent samples and like the make-up/ingredients of the Live System but worry that the marzipan type smell might be prohibitve.

I don't want to start a 'what is the best boilie for barbel' thread as everyone will have a different answer.

I have chosen CC Moore as they have a good stock of products,are reasonably priced and clearly use top quality ingredients.

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

Hi Gareth, you may find this thread does turn into a "best bait for barbel" debate. What I have experienced, in large part assisted greatly by folk on here, is that any good quality boilie , consistently used, will deliver, provided you have located the fish. I have caught on a variety of boilies and in autumn/winter, I have found that spicy/fishy flavours work well as do the cranberry/caviar types. I found Icelandic Red particularly good.

Sound advice from Howard.
Gareth, knowing the waters you fish you will not find a better bait than Carp company's Icelandic red, cranberry and caviar flavour. It is instant on any water and it sure works on the waters you will be fishing.
You will not find a better bait.
If you insist on CC Moore, xxx is a good choice.
Good luck
John

Hi men,

Easy one this , CC Moores meteor , dumbell , liquid , and paste will suit you for barbel .

Hatter

There is an article by Stuart Court on the Drennan website.Worth a read as he was using CC Moores meteor when it was written.

You can do a lot worse than use CCmoore, having said that there are many bait companies out there that do quality baits, half the time its just confidence in what you use.

Was thinking of giving the meteor a go in the new season.Got some base mix and liqiud.Do they add anything else to the mix when cc moores make there boillies?

Was thinking of giving the meteor a go in the new season.Got some base mix and liqiud.Do they add anything else to the mix when cc moores make there boillies?

Nigel I think you have had success enough!!!:p cant you just not tie a hook on and give the rest of us a chance??:D

thanks Patrick.lol.I'm just bored of the same old baits.Fancy trying something a little different when the bites start to dry up in the winter.

Check out acebaits they have some great deals and it's good stuff

I have never heard of Meteor so I just had a look, tbh if I was designing a bait for barbel in pressured waters which see allot of bait that would be pretty close to my ideal.
It's very similar to one which used to be sold in the bfw shop called Wacka.
One of the mods on here (Stevo) once described them to me as over flavoured balls of sh1t.
My guess is if you overuse them they will blow pretty quick but for use as hookers with no feed on heavily fished areas they look the nuts.

Theres too many to choose from, however you have done right in picking Cc moore, but keep your options open, remember the old saying "the best bait in the wrong place might aswel be the worst bait in the right place" ;)

CC Moore do make very good baits, the Live System is an excellent carp catch and I've seen some good results on Meteor too.

Just to throw another bait maker into the hat, have a look at these;

Quality Baits

The Patshull Park mix has stood the test of time, excellent bait and they will tweak it on request. If you give them a bell they are very helpful and very reasonable prices too.

some good points made, by above members, location being the most inportant, then having the choice of baits you carry is the other, for me i carry little glug pots of bollies like, the source, crab +crayfish, sardine and anchovy and triggar, with some fish meal groundbait/ hemp,
with pellets various sizes in oil, caught well on these baits, but after having had some blanks as well, so it did have me thinking of changing baits or trying new ones, but problem is there are alot of good bait companies out there with good bollies, its making the right choice without its costing you a fortune,

Back