• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Catching the Impossible

Gary Downie

For those of you that have missed or or just want to watch it again.

Friday 24th December.
All episodes on Discovery Shed starting at 6.00am.

One of the best in my opinion.

My other half is complaining about me going to the gym on Friday morning so what are the chances of me getting to watch at least one episode??? :mad:

Does that include the last DVD????

are the shows as good as people say ? haven't seen a single episode yet !!

If you like fantastic photography, great narration, superb fish catches, no DVD promotion and no swearing, the answer is an absolute yes. For me these are the best angling programmes yet.

Best Regards
Dave

cheers for the reminder Gary, I keep missing the first one with the huge barbel. Remarkable series with incredible catches, makes me feel very inadequate!

makes me want to go fishing,
like john wilson's programs did.
unlike knobson green, who makes me want to give up.....lol

The underwater footage is second to none, but i wonder how many of the swims were primed before filming ? ;)

Hi men,

Aint got Sky.

Hatter

The Chairman, rather less than half-way through unwrapping his Lady Guides, at Christmas

Eminently sensible, vis-a-vis the Sky falling in thing: not even at another's expense or with somebody else's; rather have Deirdre administer her version of electro-convulsive therapy or her forcing her attentions on me with the blunt end of my Beecham Barder Imperator.

Anyway, back to the fray.

As ever,

B.B.

Aint got Sky.
Oh no no no! Like me you've got loads of sky - just no Sky-Media (other than the freeview Channel)
David Hall said:
unlike knobson green, who makes me want to give up
Never!!!! - just fish on another continent or country from said eedjit!
- and as he seems to fish everywhere but UK that is just fine for my current activities!

Fantastic series to watch, but as mentioned alot of the venues were definately baited up probably days before but i would imagine thats the only way to get these big fish for the camera..To be honest these famous big fish anglers have a vast network and get regular updates where big fish have been seen or caught, so not sure if that counts as their own groundwork..I think you would find they too would struggle on many venues just the same as us, after all they use the same equipment and to a degree exactly the same bait format..:)

Hi Craig

i dont think you could put Terry Lampard in that category, i believe he does an awful lot of groundwork,
As for the 3lb roach, would be pretty hard to prebait for that...i also believe that the venue for it was pretty accessible aswell :)

Neil

Last edited:
Personally I`d stick to the DVDs. They really edited the hell out of it to get the 46 minutes format and it lost quite a bit of rhythm.

Back