• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Catch Cult magazine

David Clewer

Senior Member & Supporter
Just checked for any news on CC13 on their website and it comes up as 404 - Not Found. Also checked their face ache page and that hasn't had any activity in ages. Given their recent production difficulties and delays, I was wondering whether they were suffering financial difficulties and the disappearance of the website would appear to point to this. Does anyone have any news on the current situation? It has been an excellent read over the last couple of years and it would be a shame to see it go, but it won't be a surprise given the fate of Coarse Angling Today, David Hall's Coarse Fishing, Big Fish etc.... It seems that if it doesn't say carp on the front, it won't attract the support it needs to survive these days☹️☹️

Dave

Insta page was seeking advertisers on 21st Aug! There is an email for contact
7285FBA2-87C7-4284-BC2C-4E1CFDCD832C.jpeg

Morning men, sorry have only just seen this.
Thanks for the interest and concern.
The situation is simply this. Rob Shallcroft has ended his time with CC.
Everything to do with production and delays has been 100% out of my control.
I'm not having a go at anybody, just stating facts.
I intend to try and keep CC going but have a few hurdles to overcome and am trying my best whilst working full time.
I am half way through putting CC13 together but I have to get timings right with announcements as I need a new website etc.
Main issues are getting correct amount of advertising and a new website, working on these issues currently.
I know the reputation of CC has been tarnished but all I ask is that folk give me a chance to try and get things back on track.
Please keep an eye on social media for updates but I will post on BFW when relevant.
Thanks to all for the support so far.
Best wishes, Martin

Better to delay a while and ensure that things are right going forwards than to rush it and be constantly chasing your own tail. All the best Martin.

Back