• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Catch Cult 6 - Subs for 7-8-9 - CC Big Night Out

Martin Mumby

Afternoon all.
Catch Cult 6 will be available in the next week or so from www.catchcult.co.uk
Subscriptions to CC7-8-9 are also available on the website along with details of our BIG NIGHT OUT on 21st April in Cheltenham, tickets selling fast.
Catch Cult 6 is a cracker for the river angler and includes the following articles:
1. Angling Royalty Len Arbery writes about his chub tactics on the Thames.
2. Gavin Barrett tells the story of yet another 50lb carp!
3. James Hinley's article is about fishing northern spate rivers, the Tees and the Swale.
4. Pike lure expert Andy Black recounts his first session on Blagdon.
5. Vince Cater writes a superb piece on dace fishing the Hants Avon.
6. Barbel legend Rob Young discusses barbel tips and tricks, culminating in the Hants Avon record barbel.
7. Matt Woods takes a humorous look at lure fishing for perch.
8. Fen pike record holder Rob Christen tells of a red letter day on the fens.
9. Dave Marrs reports on a meeting about the Close Season hosted by the EA and the AT.
10. The usual diary piece from Theo - Iceland, music, perch, chub, grayling, trout from the mad Welshman!
11. Jason Heenan goes in search of the magical rooster fish, and succeeds...with a sting in the tale.
12. Rob Olsen is after the magnificent taimen in Mongolia, not for the feint hearted.
Where else can such a variety of quality angling writing be found in the same publication?
Also still waiting for some of you shy BFW members to write something for us!
Thanks as always to Andy and the team at BFW for allowing us to promote Catch Cult, really appreciated and not taken for granted, cheers!

Did the final amends to CC6 this morn so will off to print in next day or so.
Info will be there soon I hope Mark.
Cheers, Martin

Received mine today. Luckily really as it got delivered to the wrong road but the nice chap brought it round half hour ago. It’s got a strong paint smell to it anyone else notice that?

Just ordered 6, wait till pay day and order the next 3

I received #6 yesterday and although I have only read the article by my mate, James Hinley, the other articles look very interesting. Very impressed with the quality of the magazine and nice to see a publication by anglers for and anglers without pushing the latest products.

What no pushing of the latest products?. The Mags no good for me then, i like looking at pretty shiny bits of kit in those glossy photos that take up so much room each month that the publishers can only fit in a couple of short articles. I also need that cheap spool of line that comes up every now and then.
So due to the above ive ordered No6 for a bit of fresh air.

Just to let you know there are only 10 copies of CC6 and 17 of CC7 left.
Then the first year of Catch Cult will be sold out.
Subscriptions available for CC7-8-9 on website - www.catchcult.co.uk
CC7 available in early April and will post soon on contents, it’s another corker!
Thanks and tight lines to all on the last few days of the season!

Back