• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Catch cult 3

Martin Mumby

CATCH CULT 3 goes to print early next week and should be available to order from the website www.catchcult.co.uk by the end of the week.
Once again there is a fabulous mixture of articles written by some quality writers.
We have:
Mark Cameron fishing the Kennet for grayling.
John Costello ends his 3 part fictional piece.
Dave Horton goes perch fishing.
Brian Ingram stumbles upon some great carp fishing in France.
Paul Mundy tells the story of Andy's Lake on the Cotswold water park.
Jason Skilton gives his thoughts on the Angling Trust.
Phil Spinks writes about his historical roach catches at Homersfield lake.
Terry Theobald updates us with his fishing exploits.
Chris Turnbull gives us an insight into the beautiful crucian carp.
Phil Wakeford goes marlin fishing.
Stuart Walker writes about the awesome Himalayan golden mahseer.
When was the last time there was a line-up like that in a fishing magazine?!
The plan after CC3 is to evaluate things and decide if it is viable to carry on producing Catch Cult.
Whether it's your cup of tea or not, we are trying VERY hard to cater for the discerning, all-round angler/reader so we hope you enjoy the magazine and thank you for your valuable support.
Also, new material is always welcome so if you feel you have something to offer please give us a shout.
Thanks and tight fishes, MartinM

Cheers men!
This is a cracking issue and make or break for Catch Cult, CC3 has had a good start and over 250 sold in the first 24 hours.
Just back from an early shift at work and cracking on with CC4 as we have to be positive about the future.
As with everything there's a lot more to this mallarkey than people think, it's hard work but nobody is forcing us to do it. Having said that I do feel that it is a way of 'putting something back' into our wonderful sport which needs all the help it can get at this moment in time.

Martin,

We should be thanking you for being brave enough to take the risk of publishing an angling magazine that dares to be different, does not pander to sponsored anglers who just promote the firms that support them, features all branches of our sport and is definitely aimed at a market that is very poorly served. The last magazine to get near to your wonderful publication was Coarse Angling Today, but that magazine went downhill rapidly towards the end and lost many readers (myself included) when it just became an advertorial for tackle manufacturers, hastening its demise.

Stick to your guns and keep up the good work.

Dave

Thanks for your comment Dave, stuff like this means a lot!
It is Rob Shallcroft who had the mad idea in the first place, and back it up with some of his own cash to get it off the ground so he deserves the most credit.
I was just mad enough to think it might work, which it is at the moment.
However, we are under no illusions and the biggest challenge is keeping the quality up. Rest assured we will be trying our hardest and understand you can't please all of the people all of the time so it's about getting the balance right.
Cheers, Martin

Issues 1 & 2 were both a good read so I've ordered issue 3, and hope the venture continues. Refreshing to see a few new names in print. Keep it up Martin.

Nick C

Just received edition 3 and it looks like another cracking read. Not many magazines where you get articles about crucians, grayling, roach, perch, pike, carp, marlin and mahseer in one copy!

Glad to see that that the financials are working out and looking forward to CC4 in October.

Keep up the good work and long may it last.

Dave

Just received edition 3 and it looks like another cracking read. Not many magazines where you get articles about crucians, grayling, roach, perch, pike, carp, marlin and mahseer in one copy!

Glad to see that that the financials are working out and looking forward to CC4 in October.

Keep up the good work and long may it last.

Dave

Ditto Dave! First issue I've got hold of, looks and feels like a quality publication.
Well done Martin

Cheers
Maek

Martin, just received my copy, absolutely devastated:mad::mad::mad:, Mr ****** ****** Postman :mad::mad::mad: only went and folded the envelope lengthways to squeeze it through my letterbox, putting a crease right down the middle and scraping the front cover. What a complete and utter d******d:mad::mad::mad: Outside my front door, i have a large mail box thingy, plenty big enough to accept the envelope without bending. :mad::mad::mad:

Martin, as well as putting the Catch Cult stamp on the envelope, you need to put a " Do Not Bend " stamp on too.

Cheers lads, BIG thumbs up!!
Derek, I think Mr Postman may have another CC3 for you soon with
DO NOT BEND on the envelope!!

Martin, just received my copy, absolutely devastated:mad::mad::mad:, Mr ****** ****** Postman :mad::mad::mad: only went and folded the envelope lengthways to squeeze it through my letterbox, putting a crease right down the middle and scraping the front cover. What a complete and utter d******d:mad::mad::mad: Outside my front door, i have a large mail box thingy, plenty big enough to accept the envelope without bending. :mad::mad::mad:

Martin, as well as putting the Catch Cult stamp on the envelope, you need to put a " Do Not Bend " stamp on too.

Mine was folded this time too, not as bad though so its under a few books being straightened as we speak.
I think the 'do not bend' stamp is a good idea for any future editions.
Cheers,
Rob

A good read so far (good to see a grayling article). I have two and three, but unfortunately missed out on the first one. If you ever do a re-print, please let me know!

Ive just read a copy of the second Catch Cult. Great little read.

Did anyone else think the article on the Black Mirror was taking the P? This is a carp in a lake of whom carpers have wrote chapter and verse on, dedicated books to, videos etc etc

This guy turned up bunged 2 chods out and caught it, just like that! Might just be me but I thought it were funny.

ATB

Latest offering is the best yet, with a diverse selection of articles from some great authors. Long may it continue.

Thanks again for all your comments, which are ALL welcome! We are always trying to improve things but well aware that you will never please all of the people all of the time. More constructive comments always welcome and am surprised considering the amount of views how few comments there are. As I have said twice before, if there are any budding new writers out there then get in touch as we want new blood and if the material is good we will print it - simple as!

Back