• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Carp/Barbel Scadle?

There is some merit in the concept and for big fish carp angler who might only need to get this out half a dozen times a season. Just looks like too much to go wrong, and I wonder how you would get it recalibrated if required.

My main gripe with cradles is its a ball ache if you got to lift the fish up to get the net out the way

A long time since I was involved with selling weighing equipment but I do remember that, unless suspended, a ā€œscaleā€ needs a solid level base to achieve accuracy so it makes me wonder about some of the dodgy claims that might result from using this equipment.

Where is it all going to endšŸ˜‚?
With the seemingly endless expansion of unnecessary complexity and technology in modern carp angling (thatā€™s a bit of a mouthful, I know), where will it all end is a question Iā€™ve often pondered.

If I was being flippant then Iā€™d guess that eventually there will be a drone that can ā€castā€ your bait and rig out to those inaccesible spots (this already exists, so Iā€™m told) an automated winch type reel that plays the fish out for you while some sort of rod pod applies enough upward leverage to the rod tips to absorb the lunges. And then the company that makes that weighing cradle could devise a hoist that both nets the fish and lifts it onto the scales, photographs it and then lifts it back to the water.

All of this would be great of course, as youā€™d be able to catch as many furties in a season as you want from the comfort of your own home while watching on a live stream and congratulating yourself on your angling prowess.

With the seemingly endless expansion of unnecessary complexity and technology in modern carp angling (thatā€™s a bit of a mouthful, I know), where will it all end is a question Iā€™ve often pondered.

If I was being flippant then Iā€™d guess that eventually there will be a drone that can ā€castā€ your bait and rig out to those inaccesible spots (this already exists, so Iā€™m told) an automated winch type reel that plays the fish out for you while some sort of rod pod applies enough upward leverage to the rod tips to absorb the lunges. And then the company that makes that weighing cradle could devise a hoist that both nets the fish and lifts it onto the scales, photographs it and then lifts it back to the water.

All of this would be great of course, as youā€™d be able to catch as many furties in a season as you want from the comfort of your own home while watching on a live stream and congratulating yourself on your angling prowess.

šŸ˜šŸ˜…

Back