• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Calling all trundlers

Chris Cheshire

I'm getting really fed up with being ripped off with half empty tubs of ssg shot from ebay etc.

Can anyone suggest somewhere to buy ssg and LG shot at a reasonable price ?

Olivettis and Catherine leads are vastly under used these days.

If you tie a small loop on the hair so that it can slip over the bottom of the the Ollivetti and secure it with two pieces of float rubber you won't have to replace it like you do with shot.

My 'to go' river carp rig is a sliding loaded float and Catherine lead of the right weight to hold bottom. I fish the marginal shelf and don't have to worry about setting the right depth as it is fished over depth and then wound down to settle the float. That way I can search the shelf to find where the fish are without having to plumb every time.

Drennan Olivette's with crap float rubbers behind them and good ones between the Olivette and the hook. That way if you break off the weight pushes the crap rubbers up the line. Have also tried drilled bullets, but didnt get on with them. 1/2 ounce or less arsely bomb works too.

Back