• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cadence CR10 Barbel Rod 2 Lb TC

Kevin Earley

As I have a major Birthday ending in a zero this year I thought I would treat myself to an upgrade from the Korum 12Ft 2 Lb TC rods to something a bit more mid range.
The specification looks good (below) I would like to hear from those that have used the rods or a suitable alternative. Not looking at secondhand per se, let's face it who buts themself a second hand Birthday present. 😂

• High modulus carbon blank creates a powerful and robust blank design with progressive action.
  • Fuji K-Series Alconite tangle-free guides throughout.
  • Fuji DPS Reel seat.
  • Top-quality AAA Cork handle.
  • High visibility glazed white tip.

Thanks @Kevin Wardle are your Cadence rods 1.75 Lb as I am a fan of floodwater fishing so went for the 2 Lb based on using the same T/C for the Korum rods.

Don’t have the Cadence barbel rods ( as I have too many) but do have a heavy feeder and float rod and have had quite a few barbel on both more by accident than design
Both excellent - same with the reels
Had plenty of barbel on the 4000 CS10
Blanks are great , rings are K series and reel seats are Fuji - can’t really go wrong

Don’t have the Cadence barbel rods ( as I have too many) but do have a heavy feeder and float rod and have had quite a few barbel on both more by accident than design
Both excellent - same with the reels
Had plenty of barbel on the 4000 CS10
Blanks are great , rings are K series and reel seats are Fuji - can’t really go wrong
Thanks Paul,

Have a few Cadence rods myself CR 10ft Wand feeder rod, CR 10ft No 2 feeder rod, CR10 13ft No 2 Match rod and CR10 15ft No 2 Match rod.
Have been impressed with the overall quality and feel of the rods and certainly weigh in well above the price point.

Back