• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cadence #4 feeder 13ft 8"

just realised Jo had already put this link up...always worth watching twice.

I was going to buy the daiwa tournemant 14ft slr, rated by matchmen as the best floodwater rod there is but the price difference is quite a bit. will see how it goes

Going to have a look at one of these in their road show next week

just realised Jo had already put this link up...always worth watching twice.

I was going to buy the daiwa tournemant 14ft slr, rated by matchmen as the best floodwater rod there is but the price difference is quite a bit. will see how it goes
It could be if they did a hollow tip version.

It is a hollow tip, had a go with one a few weeks ago, very good bit of kit, length and action makes it very versatile.
The old power Connoisseur had a true full length power tip, now if the SLR had this....

Had a good look at one couple of weeks ago my only criticism is the top eyes are very small more suited to finer diameter lines.

Had a good look at one couple of weeks ago my only criticism is the top eyes are very small more suited to finer diameter lines.

That means you can’t use a shockleader and knot so I don’t know how the rod can be classed as a long distance feeder rod or be used with heavy feeders

The rings are plenty big enough IMO. I've fished with quiver tips at long range (up to 100m) and never had a shockleader or line thickness issue. Sorry but I cannot see a problem. I use line up to about 0.30mm

The rings are plenty big enough IMO. I've fished with quiver tips at long range (up to 100m) and never had a shockleader or line thickness issue. Sorry but I cannot see a problem. I use line up to about 0.30mm

I can’t get anywhere near 100m without using braid that I’ll always use a shockleader with, certainly not .30mm mono, but I’m not a great caster. I haven’t tried using the hi tec low diameter monos for anything over 50m but I would be too worried about crack offs or wrap arounds to use them without a shockleader.

That’s just me, I know.

Back