• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

built to last gear

Touche David ! However I did lose an 8 ft tank aerial rod and cruddy centrepin in said cut back in the day . My Grandad ,who had a farm nearby, had just kitted me out with this outfit and wasn't best pleased when I came home in tears . I couldn't even say it was dragged in by a monster, as the Leeds and Liverpool was not known as a big Masheer water :)

was that the 330 otomatic Derek, found em very good for distance trotting but
some were found out faultwise when hooking big fish in the bail arm

Ken Smith 9ft match leger.( East anglian rod company.) still in use from 1970ish had more than my fair share of barbel in the river Severn.top 4inches off the quiver now I whipped a new ring on it.take it anywhere money couldn't buy it
Albert:)

Hi men ,

Rod Hutchinsons bedchair cover/rucsack from the 80,s. I trimmed the cover off , and along with an early nashy Titain ground sheet , we use them to cover the horse hay , still waterproof ;)

Hatter

My ABU 506 a Christmas present in 1973, still going strong. Also picked up a couple of secondhand 507's from the same era. Swedish built to last.

daiwa regal baitrunners still going very strong despite years of abuse ,,and my daiwa ivan marks ledger rod,,burgundy carbon 10 foot,complete with dynaflo eyes and swing tip fitting on tip eye ,,had a proper fixed real seat put on recently but has caught many fish for many years

Leeda predator net,20 years old and built for a lifetime,will probably see me out, not even changed the mesh.Found one of those new wychwood landing nets smashed up and dumped on bank last winter and took the net off of the frame if i ever need a replacement.The extending handle for the net is also going strong i think i bought it from Trevor west.

Back