• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Budget Alarms

Paul Gaynard

I have been looking for a set of budget Alarms and sonik SKS in particular but also I see sonik do another called the Vader x, so looking on flea bay and I notice another called Hirisi and they do an alarm that looks identical to the Vader x so wondering if they are one and the same alarm, looking for Inbetweeners as the amount I'm doing now I couldn't possibly justify paying a fortune for a set that maybe get used every couple of weeks or so . recommendations welcome thank you.

I have been looking for a set of budget Alarms and sonik SKS in particular but also I see sonik do another called the Vader x, so looking on flea bay and I notice another called Hirisi and they do an alarm that looks identical to the Vader x so wondering if they are one and the same alarm, looking for Inbetweeners as the amount I'm doing now I couldn't possibly justify paying a fortune for a set that maybe get used every couple of weeks or so . recommendations welcome thank you.
The cap off a fairy liquid bottle works just as well, without the noise. A lump of plasticine in the recess , jobs a goodun. 👍

Essex angling are doing fox mini microns for £13.29 on Fleabay if buy 2…..great alarms for the cost of 2 or 3 beers!

Or alternatively ……
IMG_1893.jpeg

Just remove the light and it never uses batteries . Simply clip onto line, and doze off until the gentle tinkling of the little silver bells alert you to the possibility of a fish taking your bait.

Cheap as chips and readily availble from t’interweb .

Do not blame me if you lose all credibility 😉

David

If you really want budget have a look at THESE if they turn out crap you can hardly moan about the price. I reckon a tin of luncheon meat will soon be more than that!

Thanks Craig a little story for you, about five years ago someone bought me a set of these savers z3 for my birthday and they are still going strong in between I thought I was bettering myself a couple of years ago and treated myself to a set of prolific snz and over two years they have continued to fall apart until repair wasn't an option , at the moment I'm back on the the savers hopefully get me to end of season and then three months to have a look about. Much obliged for your input.

Thanks Craig a little story for you, about five years ago someone bought me a set of these savers z3 for my birthday and they are still going strong in between I thought I was bettering myself a couple of years ago and treated myself to a set of prolific snz and over two years they have continued to fall apart until repair wasn't an option , at the moment I'm back on the the savers hopefully get me to end of season and then three months to have a look about. Much obliged for your input.
I bought some new direction tackle alarms . Absolutely brilliant, under £100 for 2 , and a receiver , re chargeable . Cannot fault them .

I bought some new direction tackle alarms . Absolutely brilliant, under £100 for 2 , and a receiver , re chargeable . Cannot fault them .
Hi Craig been looking at those new direction alarms and without sounding a tad dumb lol hope you don't mind me asking .
do you have to connect your phone to make them work or can you just use them like any other alarm via the reciever or without the reciever .

Hi Craig been looking at those new direction alarms and without sounding a tad dumb lol hope you don't mind me asking .
do you have to connect your phone to make them work or can you just use them like any other alarm via the reciever or without the reciever .

Hello Paul . You don’t have to use your phone . But you do have to the receiver.( I think 🤔)
I always have it all on silent, the receiver buzzies in my coat pocket . Really good alarms I think . Battery last forever on alarms and receiver.

If you really want budget have a look at THESE if they turn out crap you can hardly moan about the price. I reckon a tin of luncheon meat will soon be more than that!
They look like the ones I bought from Ali Express for £1.99 each. They’re still working fine although I replaced them with Nash R3s when I needed a sounder box.

my choice would be stick to quality well known reliable

Fox Mini Microns and at todays discounted prices its a no brainer

Back