• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Broken chair

Stephen Scaysbrook

Good Afternoon All
On Wednesday I was out fishing when my Fox Dura Lite chair leg broke. I've been in touch with Fox but the front leg assembly is out of stock and they have no idea when stock will be available.

I've had the chair a couple of years although it has seen very little use. My ex wife bought me this chair and she has now passed away so can't ask her where I might return it to..

So basically do any of you know of any other place I might be able to purchase a front leg assembly..

FOX DURA LITE CHAIR.jpg

Try kpspares.co.uk, the guy there is very helpful. If you send him some pictures he may be able to suggest a solution.

Good Afternoon All
On Wednesday I was out fishing when my Fox Dura Lite chair leg broke. I've been in touch with Fox but the front leg assembly is out of stock and they have no idea when stock will be available.

I've had the chair a couple of years although it has seen very little use. My ex wife bought me this chair and she has now passed away so can't ask her where I might return it to..

So basically do any of you know of any other place I might be able to purchase a front leg assembly..

Are they like these Stephen
20240225_125156.jpg
View attachment 28880
20240225_125156.jpg

Good Afternoon All

View attachment 28880
Is it they like these? The chair they came from has same lever type release?

Ah forget it. Just noted leg cracked off.!!!

Is it they like these? The chair they came from has same lever type release?

Ah forget it. Just noted leg cracked off.!!!
It's actually the frame that has Broken Graham.But yes the leg's are like that but with a different spring type thing but I have all the legs any way..

Thank you for the reply..

I might have one in the shed ill take a look tomorrow.

There are various adhesives which will, if supported by some reinforcing, do the job I think. Clearly the chair has had little use so worth a try anyway.
I would have a go or maybe find a local welder with an argon tool which ali needs, but dont give up. I know they cost a lot more now than when I bought mine, (6-7 years ago) but the sentimental value must be huge.
I remember the AA fixing a broken foot clutch lever on my car with a grey mastic which he hardened up and jointed it together. Lasted days before the replacement part arrived.

Hi Neil. If its ali , as I suspect, I doubt it can be braised but I am too old now to be up to date. In my day ali was done with argon welders but they may have gone they way of me putting coal in my calculators. I am fairly confident the break could be sleeved then welded but probably not economic anyway. Fox headquarters are near me( brentwood) so naively I called them recently to ask if I could buy something ( its a tenner)and pick it up. Told they are just an office, all stocks are in belgium and they only take orders from tackle shop customers.

I think the whole front leg section needs replacing. I doubt if you could weld a new piece on the bottom of the leg . If you unbolt the front legs, photo the broken part and email Fox maybe you could get a replacement. Good luck.

Failing any repair keep an eye out on Facebook market place and Ebay for the same chair second hand . Buy it use it and when the cover falls apart change it for the cover on this chair.

Back