• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bridge camera

Luke Ayling

Hello gents,
First of all,happy Xmas..
I'm thinking of buying a bridge camera for fishing,aslong as it is ok for close up tackle shots and portraits/fish pix and would like a burst/multi shot option too..
Any recommendations would be great..

Luke

I have an Olympus sp800uz bridge camera and would recommend it. However I think the new model is now out, the sp810uz. That camera is around your budget.

Think that the panasonic lumix range are very good they also have the leica lens. Well worth checking out...

I have a Lumix and it is the dogs, also brought a selftake kit so you dont have to use the 10 second timer:D

Just bought the missus a Lumix FZ45 for xmas..........bet i get to use it more than her :D
I liked the manual functions on it, particularly the macro.......good lens too.
Paid £230 for it Luke.

As i said a very good range of cameras...Superb leica lens with a good zoom and image stability set up......Steve thats the latest model isnt it?

As i said a very good range of cameras...Superb leica lens with a good zoom and image stability set up......Steve thats the latest model isnt it?

Not too sure John.
Just bought it on features and price really........looking forward to giving it a go.

She/You wont be disappointed:)

1111 045.jpg

Hi Steve,

Taken last season on a panasonic FZ45,

Tight lines

Alan

Attachments

• 1111 045.jpg
    1111 045.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 232
Luke,
I have been a professional photographer for the last 40 years so send me a message and i will give you some info about cameras, flash lights, filters and software etc.
Have you been out and hows the Thames fishing!!!!!
Paul.

Back