• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Brand New Unused Drennan Acolyte Plus 13ft. £130.

Dave. Never used one so can't really comment.
However I wanted something light to use that might handle the odd big barbel. The general opinion on here was that it wasn't up to the job.
I've now got a Aqualite 13ft power float that has a bit more ooomph.

I also have a 13ft drennan classic that has handled carp over 20lb in extended fights. By all accounts the rods are very similar.

The main reason however is the need to purchase a 14ft Hardy Marksman for Stour Avon Severn chub use with but extra cibtrol.. I stupidly sold one to Dave Taylor.. and he's reminded me every big chub!!! And barbel.

So basically swopping this for a Marksman.

Frank. Yes. Good deal.

Makes sense Graham.

Thanks for the link Chris.

I have a 13' A+ for the big chub but I certainly wouldn't want a feisty barbel on it.

The main reason however is the need to purchase a 14ft Hardy Marksman for Stour Avon Severn chub use with but extra cibtrol.. I stupidly sold one to Dave Taylor.. and he's reminded me every big chub!!! And barbel.

So basically swopping this for a Marksman.

Frank. Yes. Good deal.

Just seen this,... Graham, mate,... what can I say? You can borrow the Hardy next time you're down. I shall feel guilty every time I catch a fish on it now!:rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Back