• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Braid

I only use braid ( PP SS 8 ) 15 or 20lb for my hooklink and mono as mainline. When barbel fishing.

So my only knot use is to a link swivel.
I go through the swivel eye twice before tying. Then use a TUCKED blood knot.

Never had a problem, as that action prevents slipping or knot strangulation.

My only use of braid is when piking. Straight through 40lb. Helps pull the hooks home.

Addtionally the braid will straighten a size 4 snap tackle hook if the Wye rocks are a problem.

Jeremy Wade in one of his books describes the FG knot he uses to join braid to nylon/fluoro, it was taught to him by an Australian angler as I recall so you can have a good stab at what the FG stands for!

Jeremy Wade in one of his books describes the FG knot he uses to join braid to nylon/fluoro, it was taught to him by an Australian angler as I recall so you can have a good stab at what the FG stands for!

I’ve just read this from “River Monsters:” “As I apply superglue to the twenty-turn Bimini twist that gives me three feet of double line above my crimped and flame-sealed fluorocarbon leader, I’m thinking fractions of percentages”

That takes me way out of my comfort zone :)

Back