• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Braid to Amnesia

Adam Wylie

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi all,
What's the best method to connect braid mainline to Amnesia shock leader and then hook length???

Albright 7 down and 4 up. Or one I use. Double fig 8, double braid, pass through fig 8, 4 turn double grinner on braid, tighten fig 8, bring knots together.

I use the FG knot to attach mono to braid on my light braid saltwater gear, which is more or less the same as conventional braid barbel gear. I have been using it for about ten years and it is in my opinion 100% reliable, it works like a “chinese thumb trap” the harder you pull, the tighter the knot grips . Another benefit is that you do not get the “ bump” that you get with conventional knots when you wind the knot through the tip rings .
I cannot seem to load up a video, just go onto Youtube and search “ FG knot “

David

Last edited:
I use the FG knot to attach mono to braid on my light braid saltwater gear, which is more or less the same as conventional braid barbel gear. I have been using it for about ten years and it is in my opinion 100% reliable, it works like a “chinese thumb trap” the harder you pull, the tighter the knot grips . Another benefit is that you do not get the “ bump” that you get with conventional knots when you wind the knot through the tip rings .
I cannot seem to load up a video, just go onto Youtube and search “ FG knot “

David

Appears youtube vids can no longer be copied and pasted :(

Albright 7 down and 4 up. Or one I use. Double fig 8, double braid, pass through fig 8, 4 turn double grinner on braid, tighten fig 8, bring knots together.
Yep 100% 👍 👍 👍 👍

IMG_2866.JPG

Back to back Grinner. Braid to Arma-cord leader.

Back