• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

braid hooklegth

Gary Wagstaff

there used to be some weed effect braid hook lenght material think it began with M looking to buy
thanks

found it and put and order in mosquito angling mimicker hooklink looking foward to using it on the Dove

Any brand of green coloured braid can easily resemble streamer weed. Strip the coating and it will move a bit like weed too.
I use green a lot.

IMG_20190829_185241.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Gaz, are you using this as main line ? and what are you using between the swivel and the bait ?
12lb tribal shimano main line for Dove and nash armourlink 20/25lb to a small ring swivel so i can change hook quickly if blunts or if i want to change hook size or bait have these made up in rig box to a fout turn grinner .

have you a picture andrew be intrested to see how it looks and performs
Not got no pictures I'm afraid. Very similar to yours with the small swivel but I also have an inch piece off tungstone rig tube I slide over the swivel to help pin the bait to the deck, but I have braid to my hook (about 2"")and fluorocarbon to a loop which goes on a quick link swivel.

Not got no pictures I'm afraid. Very similar to yours with the small swivel but I also have an inch piece off tungstone rig tube I slide over the swivel to help pin the bait to the deck, but I have braid to my hook (about 2"")and fluorocarbon to a loop which goes on a quick link swivel.
Hook section is only about 2inches prefer putty which I supaglue on to knot and small swivel end will strip the weed effect off and loop to quick change swivel

Back