• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boreley angling club

Jon Young

Does anyone know anything about this club. Had a google and nothing really comes up about it. Is it even a club or is it just that one stretch?

Yeah it’s in the next field downstream. When I was about to leave ladyham the other night I thought I’d go ask someone who was fishing in there if it was pay on the bank or at the cottage or a club but as you go over the little bridge there is a sign saying boreley angling club private fishing so thought I’ll just google them when I get home. But like you I can’t really find anything about them at all

Yeah it’s in the next field downstream. When I was about to leave ladyham the other night I thought I’d go ask someone who was fishing in there if it was pay on the bank or at the cottage or a club but as you go over the little bridge there is a sign saying boreley angling club private fishing so thought I’ll just google them when I get home. But like you I can’t really find anything about them at all
Yep, been there lower down on the Severn, there was a great looking stretch with good cut out pegs, but it turned out to be a syndicate, guess what Boreley is? Tackle shops if you can find one should help.

Boreley Ac are a mostly match orientated club who run the meadow below the BAA Ladyham meadow. It was £35 for 12 months 1st March to 28 Feb from memory, park behind every peg weather permitting. They fish an evening match most Wednesdays at the start of the season as well as a few Sunday 5 hour matches. Most of the pegs are palletted and some even have steps and hand rails. They allow night fishing for members. Barbel to low doubles show especially autumn onwards with a 13lb fish being a very good fish for the stretch. Its slow and steady and fishes well with water on. I'll try and find a number for the fella who runs it

Back