• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boots

According to their literature, the Arctic sports Muckboots have some sort of wonderful wicking stuff, more so than their ordinary ones, in their lining. I suffer from extremely sweaty feet, especially in the Summer. Wearing the Arctic sports in the winter I've never had a problem.

Arctic Sport Muckboots in my normal shoe size with a decent pair of warm socks works well for me in the coldest conditions. The best boots I've ever tried.

Very reassuring regarding Arctic Muckboots, yet to wear mine, just too cold out there :eek:

Just to clarify regarding the John Care WBA Baggie Muckboots thing, I was alluding to the fact that WBA play at the highest elevation football ground in England, the Hawthorns, so ...

I'll get me coat.

I wear HAIX boots made in Germany, must say not had a problem and the grip is really good and doesn't hold the mud like other boots, you can also walk through 4"-5" of water. My other boots are Aigle outdoors, its also important to wear very good socks, I buy my socks from good outdoor shops and pay top price. Having MS I have poor circulation but i'm often on the river bank until around 2am in temps of minus 10 F

Who got you them Martin? Big Tam?;)

Very reassuring regarding Arctic Muckboots, yet to wear mine, just too cold out there :eek:

Just to clarify regarding the John Care WBA Baggie Muckboots thing, I was alluding to the fact that WBA play at the highest elevation football ground in England, the Hawthorns, so ...

I'll get me coat.

You know your Baggies facts Neil. :D

I walk to my peg in a good pair of walking boots Merels Westward roast (sounds like a beef dinner) & put my Grubline snowline boots on when I'm fishing. This seems to cut down on the sweat.. I did try Sealskinz socks but on advice from Johnny F stopped wearing them as they cause too much moisture.I had a pair of Tay boots & found them more comfy than the Grublines but the sole came away on the Tays.

Dear Jeff they are available commercially, my son wears them when he goes on winter motor bike rallies, have a good 2017, i'm on the Wye from January 1st for a week, at 80 I have to grab every day, I was even on the river on Christmas Day as I am most days Regards Martin

Seems a very subjective subject with the different opinions, and could be a costly mistake choosing the wrong boots. Someone mentioned circulation and sweating, and those may be the difference as i wear a thin cotton sock base layer with any boot i wear when its cold and don't have a problem although others do. Then again, i don't have sweat problems and seem to get away with that and reasonable thermal socks on top of the thin cotton ones. The boots i wear are muckboot wellie type and Meindl hillwalking type, and sorry i don't have a better answer to what must be an very uncomfortable time for some:)

Stephen

Jeff they are available from 0800 999 4411 info@patrolstore.com (open weekdays 9am-5pm) Regards Martin

or online.

https://www.patrolstore.com/haix-boots.html

Hi Martin, which model do you use ?

I much prefer wearing boots, rather than wellingtons when fishing, in winter i,ll usually take both, just in case. As already said above, socks are also very important. Its no good spending £100+ on boots/wellies, then wearing a pair of 5 for 2 quid Matalan specials . Don't scrimp on the socks. ;):)

Derek I use Haix Combat High Liability GTX waterproof brown boots, I also have a pair of the desert variety for when I 'm in Oman and the UAE, long time since we were on the Wye, your bottle raised £49-50 for the ABF Regards Martin

Thanks Martin, glad the bottle did so well. Ive got my Prince Albert card now, so maybe meet up again sometime soon. :)

I'll get me coat.

It went way over my head Neil :D

Dave

Back