• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Books for Charity Appeal

John Young

Hi
I have kindly been donated some old fishing books and with the help of the donor managed to get some signed.
All money raised will go to the Young Onclogy Unit at The Christie where my colleagues son is being treated.
Our intention is to offer the books here first then list them on eBay if a reasonable amount is not reached.
the first book open to offers as I do not have a clue what it is worth is

The Fighting Barbel By Peter Wheat signed and accompanied with a letter
The book also has the donors name at the rear.

peter004.jpg

peter003.jpg

:(Thanks for starting it off. My colleague's son Aaron who is 19 will be told tomorrow if they will continue with his treatment :( he has been battling for almost 2 years now.

I think the book might be worth a bit more ;)

Top Fella and thank you Jerry :)

Hi
if this was to get to £125 I think the charity would be happy and I could list another book :)
dig deep PLEASE

Hi Richard
Pm for you :)

Hi Lads
I would like to say a massive thank you for letting me post this book on this site to raise money for the Young Oncology Unit at The Christie.
Here is Aarons story :( Aaron's Progress - Top to bottom tractor run

Richard Booty has refused to pay £125 and said he would like to donate a MASSIVE £250for the book and letter. Many thanks :)

I have a couple more books to list so please watch out.

Thank you to the other bidders :)

Thank you Richard for all your support I am sure Fred ( Aarons Dad ) will want to thank you as well.

Regards John :)

Hi
I have just recieved this from fred....

Hi john, can you post this reply to richard from aaron and myself.

Hi Richard,
Can i say a big thank you for your very generous bid on The Fighting Barbel book and letter. And can i also thank you from myself, Aaron and the rest of the team for your kind top up donation. This is a terrific amount and im very grateful for your donation to a very worthy cause.

Martin ( fred ) Sullivan
Virgin Trains Driver
Home - Top to bottom tractor run
JustGiving.com/toptobottomtractorrun
Text Fred55 to 70070 to donate £1
A penny a mile will make me smile

Back