• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boilies

Dynamite Spicy Shrimp and Prawn was my favourite, always did well on it with Barbel Tench and Chub, but cant get them anywhere now. Think they must have stopped making them like they did with Meaty Fish Bites. WHY DO THEY DO THAT???

Dynamite Spicy Shrimp and Prawn was my favourite, always did well on it with Barbel Tench and Chub, but cant get them anywhere now. Think they must have stopped making them like they did with Meaty Fish Bites. WHY DO THEY DO THAT???
Mainline do salmon and shrimp, top bait company.

Had good results using Carp Company Caviar & Cranberry, squid glm & Caviar and also their spicy lobster. Going to have a try with Dynamites Spicy Crab & Garlic soon.

Monster crab was a good bait years ago.

Terry Hearn

Terry Hearn is, without a doubt, the most commited carp
angler out there. If he's not on the bank fishing, he's watching
the water and he is arguably the biggest name in carp fishing.

Name: Terry Hearn
Hometown: Boxhill, Surrey
Occupation: Angling writer/author, photographer and consultant.
Other Sponsors: Shimano and ACE
PB UK common: The Burghfield Common at 47lb 4oz…the hard one.
PB UK mirror: Wraysbury’s Mary at a British Record weight of 55lb 13oz
Foreign PB (if applicable): N/A
Favourite boilie: The Source
Most used rig: Hinge stiff-link/Chod rig
Venues fished: Various
Favourite venue: No particular favourite.
Fish you would most like to catch:
Top carp fishing tip: Spend as much time on the water as you can and keep your eyes open.
Highlight of angling career: Tricky to single out one. Catching Bazil, my first ever 40lb’er in 1995. Catching a British Record in 96
Aim in angling: The same as my aim in life, simply to enjoy it.

Howard, I think you got the wrong end of the stick, Dave Hall said, "Who, Terry Hearn?" not 'Who's Terry Hearn?'

I was also a big fan of the original frankfurter Wackers, Last I heard Chris Roadnight was still rolling them though I no longer have a number for him.

One of the mods on here once described them to me as "over flavoured balls of sh1te", that might be the case but they worked for me everywhere I tried them.

Last edited:
Back