• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boilie Flavours

I spilt a bottle of N-Butyric Acid in the shed last year. :oops:

Her indoors smelt it from the bedroom window and called a heating engineer because she thought the boiler smelt funny. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough the boiler flue was faulty and we had to have a new boiler.

I spilt a bottle of N-Butyric Acid in the shed last year. :oops:

Her indoors smelt it from the bedroom window and called a heating engineer because she thought the boiler smelt funny. :rolleyes:

Funnily enough the boiler flue was faulty and we had to have a new boiler.
Evil stuff. Smells like sick! 😩

Ha Ha I have NB acid in the shed too, along with a load of old richworth flavours like honey yucatan. I thought I would email John baker this morning about my pellet query and he agreed that what would work would be to mix 10ml of flavour into 250ml of water and spray pellets with it, let them dry and re spray if needed. Seems like a way to use up what I have in both flavours and plain fishmeal pellets :)

Excellent choice Paul , one of the best flavours out there imho , over the years ive slowly moved away from spice/ meat flavours to the more cream/buttery sweeter ones and when used in a milk protein mix find they perform better imho

I had a decent run on the winter chub fishing by adding some Hutchy Secret Agent into my cheespaste.
However, once this gets onto your hands , and as a result , onto kitchen surfaces, door handles etc , you will become a pariah state in your own household.

Excellent choice Paul , one of the best flavours out there imho , over the years ive slowly moved away from spice/ meat flavours to the more cream/buttery sweeter ones and when used in a milk protein mix find they perform better imho
I'm going to give TM1 a try with the milk protein this Autumn for barbel ( I use for chub) , so fingers crossed.
The biggest leap of faith with milks I found was the recommended low flavour levels ( especially in paste) after years of using various pellet soaks ,glugs and hook bait enhancements .
I also , wrongly, put off using milks for a lot of seasons as I had the false notion that you had have a lengthy pre-baiting campaign before fishing.

I'm going to give TM1 a try with the milk protein this Autumn for barbel ( I use for chub) , so fingers crossed.
The biggest leap of faith with milks I found was the recommended low flavour levels ( especially in paste) after years of using various pellet soaks ,glugs and hook bait enhancements .
I also , wrongly, put off using milks for a lot of seasons as I had the false notion that you had have a lengthy pre-baiting campaign before fishing.
A big attration with Milks is the base mix itself , the flavour is more of a label

Evil stuff. Smells like sick! 😩
Some doughnut left a 4 pinter milk in the bin at work the other week during that heatwave. We don't really generate that much rubbish, but just when I thought it had started to smell, moving it appeared to be the worst possible thing I could have done.
Gagging was a natural reflex to being anywhere near the welfare unit and the skip the bag went in to. A blue roll to soak it up and a tin of WD40 :)D) to help rid of the smell, 24hrs later it was just as bad.

Some doughnut left a 4 pinter milk in the bin at work the other week during that heatwave. We don't really generate that much rubbish, but just when I thought it had started to smell, moving it appeared to be the worst possible thing I could have done.
Gagging was a natural reflex to being anywhere near the welfare unit and the skip the bag went in to. A blue roll to soak it up and a tin of WD40 :)D) to help rid of the smell, 24hrs later it was just as bad.
Members of a certain age will remember the daily milk torture on summer mornings. Pre refrigeration in milk
delivery vehicles the small bottles by mid morning school break were totally undrinkable . Try spilling milk on a car carpet which is stuck to the floor!

Sounds like the perfect excuse to take a few days off and go fishing!

Members of a certain age will remember the daily milk torture on summer mornings. Pre refrigeration in milk
delivery vehicles the small bottles by mid morning school break were totally undrinkable . Try spilling milk on a car carpet which is stuck to the floor!
The school milk experience scarred me for life!

Hi men ,

This popped up on my phone, 11 years ago with my home made baits . CC Moores Indian spice flavoured bait . Elevated levels of casein so it was almost gritty . As iv said before on this subject ( winter paste bait thread) black pepper oil was my first choice , again that could be used at the top recommended dosage , but I went with my " balti bait" as we called it . Not sure it sold any more by CC though 🤔

Screenshot_20240908-153856.png

Hatter

Back