• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the β€˜Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boilie Flavours

I like guessing games ….I reckon Cream of Creams or Bunspice? And definitely not Crab?

Ones to avoid if you like having the mrs around

Crab, alasalar, cheese

But barbel love them too…..decisions decisions.
Barbel, mrs, barbel mrs ….πŸ€·πŸ»πŸ˜‚

Is that the maple cream/caramel type one? I wondered if you could flavour pellets with it, or if it would be too potent.

John is of the opinion that flavours and by the sounds of it bases blow. He dropped the original Search4 flavour for example and I'm not sure he still does ASM yet I have never experienced any change in results. Once a good bait, always so imo. I think the shape and size of the bait in which it is presented could cause the fish to become wary but being frightened of the smell/taste yet taking another but with a different flavour yet still in a boilie of the same size? Don't know. Never known it myself. Look at Cell. Keeps catching Carp over and over. I've caught the same fish on it more than a few times! Just my opinion. I know John is very well respected. πŸ™‚

John is of the opinion that flavours and by the sounds of it bases blow. He dropped the original Search4 flavour for example and I'm not sure he still does ASM yet I have never experienced any change in results. Once a good bait, always so imo. I think the shape and size of the bait in which it is presented could cause the fish to become wary but being frightened of the smell/taste yet taking another but with a different flavour yet still in a boilie of the same size? Don't know. Never known it myself. Look at Cell. Keeps catching Carp over and over. I've caught the same fish on it more than a few times! Just my opinion. I know John is very well respected. πŸ™‚
Of course it might be he can't get the ingredients/ flavour components any longer. Don't know.

Back