• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Boilie favourites/recommendations?

Mainline baits have only ever appealed to the Korda fan boys. Never met a Carp angler who knew what they were doing who used Mainline.
Hi men ,

Original Grange bait was a game changer , I used to hand roll before they brought out the frozen version , not used a bait since that matched it .

Hatter

Hi men ,

Sticky baits Krill Active could almost have been designed for barbel/river fishing 😉

Hatter
Hi Mark,

Do you find Sticky baits Krill Active boilies are an instant bait, or does it require regular pre-baiting to catch barbel on them? I have had good results on a couple of boilie brands when I have pre-baited my favourite swims regularly during the closed season, but have yet to find one that works well from the off.

Hi Mark,

Do you find Sticky baits Krill Active boilies are an instant bait, or does it require regular pre-baiting to catch barbel on them? I have had good results on a couple of boilie brands when I have pre-baited my favourite swims regularly during the closed season, but have yet to find one that works well from the off.
Hi men ,

Hi Dave , hope your well 👍. Took them to a water that had never seen them , reaction was amazing , sat watching the fish smash it up so I have total confidence in them , smell bloody lovely as well . They do a active hookbaits selection , caught on all of them , and I'm sure the outer coating helps .

Hatter

Hi men ,

Hi Dave , hope your well 👍. Took them to a water that had never seen them , reaction was amazing , sat watching the fish smash it up so I have total confidence in them , smell bloody lovely as well . They do a active hookbaits selection , caught on all of them , and I'm sure the outer coating helps .

Hatter
Are you using the frozen or Shelf life?

Hi men ,

Original Grange bait was a game changer , I used to hand roll before they brought out the frozen version , not used a bait since that matched it .

Hatter
Hell yes,

With you on that one Hatter, just a sad thing that boilies of that quality always seem to disappear, usual quoted reason being 'A particular/vital ingredient suddenly becoming unavailable' . Another boilie that I found astonishingly good was the original T1, made by a very small outfit in Harefield, he lived just a few hundred yards up the road from Harefield Tackle, I used to pick mine up from his house. He went bust, the 'unobtainable ingredient' being the stated reason again. There is another company now selling what they claim is the T1 to the original formula/ingredients. Not sure about that?

Back