• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bob mortimer fishing programme

Wouldn't bother, put off by the name.

Like a lot of other programs with an Angling bias the programme is aimed at the mass market, not anglers. I watched parts of it and it is just a couple of older guys messing around by a lake, living in a Yurt and visiting a brewery. For me it was a couple of second rate comedians in a second, or third, rate show. If you like the guys maybe ...........

Even if you don't like, (i personally found it ok) It is still a fishing(in part) show on free tv though... Tonights episode is fishing for barbel on the Hay-on Wye . (should this thread have been on the social board?)

I'm enjoying it, I doubt it would be possible to make a fishing program everyone liked. I had the same op as Bob so it's good to see him looking well.

They released a CD my mate bought it and we listened to it on the way back from our 4 day wye trip. Fairly entertaining lots of laughs. A bit like marmite though I would suggest

Bought the book a few weeks ago - there was a 1/2 price voucher for WHSmiths...
Good book!

I loved it. If you enjoyed Reeves and Mortimer and the Fast Show all those years ago, it'll be right up your street. If that sort of humour isn't your thing I can understand why it might seem a bit daft. I'm really looking forward to the new series...

One of my favourite bits of the last series was Bob's impression of a Bream 😂

My fav bit was when Bob asked Paul if he liked neopolitan ice cream? When Paul replied 'No', Bob said,'See its because of tw**s like you, that you cant buy it anymore!' 😆

First episode on Friday 2nd August....

Dont understand the neopolitan ice cream comment, never had a problerm getting it anywhere, anytime...
What has been non-existant for over 12 months though has been standard plain chocolate - strange as it has always been part of neopolitan...
BUT recently (over last month or so) its back on the shelves at Sainsbury's at least in 1 or 2 litre tubs

Back