• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bleak

Make superb Perch baits !
I'm afraid that Bleak are probably the only species of silverfish that I don't enjoy catching ! Very fragile fish and a pain in the proverbial when Dace fishing ! B Avon has plenty of the little sods !

i had this beast from the calder this season

5f17da0f.jpg

its the only one i have ever had from there too! best weight i could get in a plastic bag was 3.5oz

Haven't caught a bleak since I was a kid and today I've just found a seam of them in my local river.

Looks like the 5 metre pole, banded chicken pellets and empty ice cream tub will be pressed into use for some zander dead baits next week. :)

Ray Mumford won the Glading Masters, back in the 70's with, I think, 16lb of them. That was from the Nene if memory serves me right. We used to pull a section of mono over a finger nail to make it coil about 3ft above the hook, and grease the coil and this was used as a float.

Back