• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Black Moon

Anthony Pearson

There are varying opinions about catching/not catching when there's a full moon. I tend to find the latter and have always put it down to there being so much light. However, I've just spent a bite-less evening-into-dark session along with a number of others and blanked miserably. My mate kindly notified me of the night's so-called black moon:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/37520216

Perhaps it's all down to the gravitational effects, rather than the light, that puts the fish off their feed.

Ah ha, so that's why I blanked last night :D

Never heard of a black moon but I think they're more common than is believed - I reckon every Friday night when I'm blanking on the Loddon :)

Ha ha....I blanked last night on the Dove. I just couldn't put my bait in the right place because it was so dark. Now I know why! :)

This colour prejudice is getting out of hand. The poor thing is sitting up there as miserable as can be, because people are even blaming it for not catching fish. I can hear it now saying (in it's best Ali G voice) 'Is it cos I is a black moon'?

Cheers, Dave :D

I have made a thread before on this subject - how me or my fishing buddies have never caught on a full or very bright moon.

And then the other week we had a full moon on a Friday night (it was also supposed to be a lunar eclipse) and I had 2 barbel from the same swim and my mate had one in the next swim along. This is on the Loddon which is a very hard river and to catch one fish is an achievement at the moment.

I have made a thread before on this subject - how me or my fishing buddies have never caught on a full or very bright moon.

And then the other week we had a full moon on a Friday night (it was also supposed to be a lunar eclipse) and I had 2 barbel from the same swim and my mate had one in the next swim along. This is on the Loddon which is a very hard river and to catch one fish is an achievement at the moment.

Master Grant is still catching though Luke, when he gets settled down to it :D That's what Ian does though, isn't it, the rascal.

Cheers, Dave.

Ian grumpy no never.......:D

Back