• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Black Braid

Vincent, it is 20% off at Yately Angling Centre at the moment, they have it in 15 and 20lbs breaking strain, give them a call on 01252 861955 and they will get it in the post

Try Gardiner Black Silt and peel the outer layer off................... works well for me.

The old original braid that started the trend in carping was Dacron, plain and simple, and that was black....and cheap as chips. If you can't find any now (and I haven't looked for a while) that will be why. Ya can't have cheap braid, now can you....people would start wondering why the other stuff is all so ridiculously expensive :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Well found that man :D That will do the job. Mind you, it is probably neutral buoyancy...not a problem though.

Note the price. Under five and a half quid for a hundred yards. Makes you begin to question things doesn't it :p

Cheers, Dave.

50 years ago my uncle used to use a black braid called black spider.

I remember it well together with white spider, might still have some on my old Ambidex, and possibly may even have the white spider box! If I remember correctly, the stuff wasn't cheap and I could only afford it by taking milk money that people put out on their doorsteps when milk was delivered.

Back