• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bivvy repair advice.

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
The JRC Defender bivvy that I got as a bargain has been great, but I was a bit too hurried packing up Wednesday and pulled out the elastic from the end of one of the cross sections!

The elastic runs all the way between 1st and last of the six cross poles. Cannot see how it fixed, or how to get to the fix at the end.

I see you can buy elastic fixing kits, but it seems they are just between each pole not all the way along. Will they work.?

Better to buy just elastic length but what on earth is the bit it attaches to to secure inside the pole ends, what is the fixing bit called?

Hope that makes sense?

or do you think I could get away with maybe the mid cross support just pushed together the other 2 elasticated?
20230615_094557.jpg

Usually sometype of washer that fixes it in the pole Graham. If youve got a Go outdoorsor Blacks near by they tend to have a couple different repair kits for that specific problem that come with spare washers, just finding one that fits your pole.

Usually sometype of washer that fixes it in the pole Graham. If youve got a Go outdoorsor Blacks near by they tend to have a couple different repair kits for that specific problem that come with spare washers, just finding one that fits your pole.
Thanks Josh, yes seems like a spring loaded butterfly thing that pushes into the end and opens out. I'll take a look.

Back