• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bite alarms and bivvy's

im doing a week in jan/feb on the trent and i can guarentee my alarms are with me and so will my bivvy and overwrap. nothing wrong with bivvys at all. and alarms are good in the right hands

Wayne dont take it personally mate , alot of the guys on here are purists plus they only fish small rivers where alot of the time they can see the fish they are trying to catch , remember a similar thread to this earlier in year questioning night fishing

im doing a week in jan/feb on the trent and i can guarentee my alarms are with me and so will my bivvy and overwrap. nothing wrong with bivvys at all. and alarms are good in the right hands

If it works for you Wayne then happy days. Never fished the Trent so can't comment there is no space for alarms n bivvys where I fish its a small intimate river n 99% of the time I'm stalking them under my feet.
Everyone's different fish different so good on you mate I say

Mark

Wayne, don't let it get to you....you have to accept that there are folk with strong views out there. Unfortunately, some of them don't see their views as personal opinions, but as inviolable beliefs on how things MUST be done, beliefs upheld with Taliban like fervour...and they WILL try to impose those views on the 'unbelievers' :D

Take it easy mate...you carry on doing things the way you enjoy, so long as what you do is within the rules and local by-laws pertaining to your fishery, is done in a way that does not cause disturbance to, or interfere with, other anglers or legitimate river users.

Which is my usual long winded way of advising you to tell them to get fooked mate :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

We start to get some context.
Small rivers, can't see the need. I sure Wayne is fishing a big bit of the Trent where the need is greater. If I'm on the lower Thames doing an overnighter then the Delks come out.

Let the Puritans fret..... ;)

Ian

I have alarms, use them on lakes, on the Trent I watch the tip, don't mind anyone using them so long as I can't hear them and I am totally against using them on rivers whilst sleeping (someone once said on here, ''I know there aren't any snags in the swim I fish''), obviously not the Trent which can change overnight after a flood.

Back