• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bit of a long shot, River Severn.

David Craine

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi, for next year I am looking for a stretch of water on the Severn with a reasonable head of Barbel ,somewhere around Ironbridge . I would like somewhere that I could buy a reasonably priced yearbook for .
Could anybody recommend any clubs that fit the bill please ?

Many thanks .

David

I can vouch for Rowley stretch….been a member for yrs and it’s a fantastic stretch but have been told waiting list is now very long, but put your name on it for future. Have a look at Bridgnorth angling club, it is immediately downstream of Rowley and also very nice stretch and as far as I know membership is open.

Have a look at the taa stretches David, I fish around the area and don't mind showing you around the waters. Its as close to Ironbridge as you can get and holds a few decent fish, bailiffed regularly and can also stay as late as you'd like on there. 👍

Back