• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bit of a bargain for you.

Chris Jones

I already have one of these but bought another as I'm using the original far more than I ever thought I would and it's excellent. I'm constantly swapping kit in and out of it, adding sleeves and switching between the two available capacities.
Greys Platinum Expander Quiver.
Very good quality material and well put together. A little bird has told me that Greys will have taken a hit in selling them off at the price they did. At thirty quid (Inc P+P) you'll struggle to find better quality. The only downside I can think is for a roving barbeller. They aren't bare bones minimalist or the lightest as some insist on.

Last edited:
they look brilliant.. bit of an over kill at a six rod capacity though. If you only carry two rods are they still worth it or are they a little large?

By a strange coincidence I was looking at that only yesterday and wondering whether to splash out on one or not! It does look pretty good and the price is excellent.

My current rod quiver is fairly new, but I'm tempted to go for it!

I've bought from Erics before and have no complaints about their service.

they look brilliant.. bit of an over kill at a six rod capacity though. If you only carry two rods are they still worth it or are they a little large?

You can zip up the expander panel of you want it smaller, takes it down to four rod capacity. However, I have no problem in using it fully expanded with just two rods, a landing net pole, a few banksticks and a brolley or shelter.

Most of the pictures on the net give you no idea what's what.
This is about as good as it gets.

The one thing I would say is not to buy with any expectation of getting matching sleeves later. I've not seen any for quite some time.

You can zip up the expander panel of you want it smaller, takes it down to four rod capacity. However, I have no problem in using it fully expanded with just two rods, a landing net pole, a few banksticks and a brolley or shelter.

Thanks for the heads up...

Looks like it is discontinued so they are selling them off http://carp.greysfishing.com/en-gb/products/luggage/discontinued-luggage/platinum-quiver-system

I assume it doesn't come with any sleeves at all? If not, what's it like using one without any?

Please excuse my ignorance but I have never owned a quiver and am currently using the good olde "rod holdall"! ;)

They've been selling them off, at a higher price, since last September. That's why you'll be lucky to find sleeves anywhere.;)
The Erics offer is for the quiver only, no sleeves and no hood. They are fine to use without the sleeves. I rarely bother with the hood but regularly dispense with the sleeves.

Hi Chris,

I have had the Greys Platinum Quiver for a couple of years now and i must say it's the dogs dangley bitz, copes with every situation you can chuck at it, I paid £70 and got 4 rod sleaves, the hood and the 6 rod expanding quiver....good price but that price for the quiver is fantastic, think i might get another for my winter kit:D

mine arrived today. first impressions are very good. Seems extremely versatile and a steal at this price. Will make more use of it for winter fishing, as I travel very light in the summer and have no place for a quiver til November.

Back