• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Billing aquadrome

Jamie Warren

Do not go here, I fished the nene upstream of the lock, had a 6lb 3 oz bream and that was it.
Had a wander about and clocked the mill stream at billing mill pub (shut down), it looked tasty, fished it, not even a shiver on the rod tip. I moved back up to what I can only describe as the most embarrassing place I have ever fished. The amount of rubbish that was present was like I’ve never seen before. It was an absolute disgrace. They should be held accountable for this, honestly, I wish I took a picture to show you, it was ghastly. Probably should of posted this in the state of our rivers thread, but it was that bad, I thought it deserved it’s own .

Hi men ,

Billing is a magnet for some people for days out , caravans etc . My brother has one there next to the lake , it's nice , but only as nice as the people who use them . He tells me that there are parties , and people staying full time . It gets massively packed some days , so litter and crap is no surprise . If you go on the river sections you will be pointed in the direction of better stretches .

Hatter

Back