• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Big game/ Big Game Trilene?

Stuart Brookes

I ordered some Berkeley Big Game Clear off Ebay and Big Game Clear Trilene arrived, is there any difference or just a name change? The product code on the front looks the same and the label is the same as my old spool of Big Game apart from Trilene has been added.

Is the line the same diameter as he old ?. I have always bought berkley big game in 40 lb to fish in India every year.I bought some 40lb off of ebay a few years ago and realised on checking the spool that it was about a third thinner than the old style 40lb. I used it and was broken on the strike,luckily i had some of the old type.If its the same diameter as your old spool you should be ok.

Cheers for that Dave, I'll check it out tonight.

Just to confirm, all the details look the same as my old spool, dia, Made in USA, just the addition of Trilene on the front of the label, I've sent Berkley an email and hopefully they can clear up my confusion.

Ive got 10 lb trilene big game on a couple of reels, not sure if its usa or japanese but ill check in the morning. It seems quite supple and a decent product compared to other lines ive used. What i did wonder is if anyones used 12 or 15 lb big game and does it behave similar to 10lb as i wouldnt mind using it for carp fishing. also whats preference on clear or green??

Cheers folks

update!!!!! Mines made in usa lovely and supple

Last edited:
Am I missing something by not using Big Game instead of Diawa Sensor?

Stephen

Nope..............but you are saving money. Chances are you also bought it in a tackle shop and helped to keep them in business as well rather than banging another nail in their coffin buy buying on EBay.

Looking to get some new line for my 1.5 TC, narrowed down to ESP XT or GR60X in 10 pound, any one using hese?

The answer is to buy line from your local tackle shop

If any of the local stores stocked it I would but they don't. I'm all for supporting my local shops and tend to use them as much as possible.

Back