• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW Survey

Ian Hugo Arnott

Although this is not exactly barbel talk, has anyone else been asked by this site to complete a brief survey. You are then offered a prize.

Scam or not?

Moderators, your advice please!

Hugo

Steady on Huge, I only asked 'what landing net' in my thread. I know that's almost naughty....but I didn't offer any prizes :eek:

Cheers, Dave :D

Ive had that one a few times, dont do it unless you want a massive mobile phone bill, just close it straight away!

Definitely suspect, so just don't go there!

These scams seem to be proliferating - I had a text recently informing me that my mobile number had won £550k in a lottery and inviting me to go to a website to claim my prize.........!!! Needless to say, I just binned it. Makes a change from those *****ian chaps though!

Dave

P.S. Ho hum, it appears that the PC police have interfered with my post as I obviously can't refer to people who hail from the land between Benin and Cameroon by the term that I regard to be the same as calling someone from the USA an American.......!!! Good to see the controls working though, even if, in this case, the removal would appear to be somewhat unnecessary.

Last edited:
Back