• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW I-Powers v-2

Paul Deans

It is with great pleasure I can announce the resurrection of the LEGENDRY BFW I-Powers has begun!

They could well have been lost forever, as BFW rod building "guru" Bob Gill put down his pot of rod varnish, multi coloured whippings,
and amazing skills for the last time....but....BUT!!!

I have just received numbers 1 & 2 of these much sought after (by those in the know ;-) tools of choice for the discerning barbel angler.

For a few years now, I have been using an original rod purchased from a member of BFW, so for me, the chance to grab two new ones was too
good to be true! (the original now gets the 1 3/4lb test tip on for the smaller rivers I fish).

There are threads buried on the site regarding the quality's of the blank, so I shall not go off into a long drawn out description.
If anyone lives in Yorkshire, and would like to check them out when the "present restrictions" allow, I would be more than happy
to oblige.

I ordered two with no extra mod's to the blank (matt finish) a straight build, because, well, we Yorkshiremen dont like any fuss or fancy stuff! :)

Build quality, its quite superb! Thank you to Shane, a brilliant craftsman, I really could not be happier with the rods!

Thank you Andy for putting up with my constant nagging to re instate the rods :) & your communication over the build, and for
being just a top man.

I dont part with my brass easily, and selling off the "family silver" to get my hands on the rods was a tough one (not! :) ).

If you are thinking about getting one or a pair, go for it whilst you can lads. You honestly shall not regret it!

Best, (a very happy tackle tart) Paul.

Hi Paul,

I’m so pleased that you’re happy with your new rods, they did look fantastic 🙂 To be honest, it was your commitment to a pair that meant we were willing to pull the trigger on an order of blanks.

I hope they both get put through their paces very soon.

Cheers,

Andy

Ps. Alan...yours is nearly ready 😀 I hope to be emailing later this week.

Back