• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW I-Power

Alan Palmer

Senior Member & Supporter
Received my new rod yesterday ....very happy with quality of Shane’s workmanship and overall feel of the rod. My only mistake was to order just one but that has now been rectified 😉
Just hope I get to use soon
75A1F850-A85D-442D-B103-96D2BF590706.jpeg

Have the isotopes been strinktubed to the rod? Or is it a fitting?
They are heat shrunk on in clear tube. Then the whipping from the tip ring buts up to it and a small whipping butted up to it on the other side. Both ends then sealed in varnish with the whippings. It’s a nicer way to do it rather than whipping over the tube and obscure the view to the back of the isotope

They are heat shrunk on in clear tube. Then the whipping from the tip ring buts up to it and a small whipping butted up to it on the other side. Both ends then sealed in varnish with the whippings. It’s a nicer way to do it rather than whipping over the tube and obscure the view to the back of the isotope
Yep like this

I have tried shrinktubing but when the isotope is parallel to the rod it is much less visible than when it is at 90 degrees to the rod. Is the isoblob much better

Hi all,

I've just listed a new standard build i-power in the shop:

There were two (a matching pair) but one got bought before I had a chance to list it :)

Cheers,

Andy

Back