• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW i-power blanks on order

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

Since announcing that we have BFW rods for sale again, I've had a few enquiries regarding BFW i-powers. In fact we've had an order for 2 i-powers which means I've ordered a batch of blanks to be produced.

These are going to be single tip 2lb TC 12' rods. I'm chuffed to bits that we're going to be resurrecting this lovely rod again :)

Please drop me a line if this is of any interest.

Cheers,

Andy F

I just know i’m going to regret asking but do you have a feel for the price yet Andy ?

Hi Bill,

A standard build is £275 plus postage. This will be a similar spec to the BFW Torrix listed in the shop as #1.

Drop me a PM if you’d like to discuss further.

All the best,

Andy

Last edited:
Heard many good things about the fabled iPower over the years, and had a borrow of one a couple of years ago which mightily impressed me...needless to say my order has been submitted!

Hi Bill,

A standard build is £265 plus postage. This will be a similar spec to the BFW Torrix listed in the shop as #1.

Drop me a PM if you’d like to discuss further.

All the best,

Andy
Many thanks Andy. Having just acquired a pair of 2.25 Free Spirits i’ll sleep on the ipower for a while.
Regards
Bill

Hi all,

Since announcing that we have BFW rods for sale again, I've had a few enquiries regarding BFW i-powers. In fact we've had an order for 2 i-powers which means I've ordered a batch of blanks to be produced.

These are going to be single tip 2lb TC 12' rods. I'm chuffed to bits that we're going to be resurrecting this lovely rod again :)

Please drop me a line if this is of any interest.

Cheers,

Andy F
All the very best in the i-powers Andy. As you know I had plenty of fun building them for many years.
Nice blank and well regarded by many. Have a couple myself :cool:.

Cheers
Bob

All the very best in the i-powers Andy. As you know I had plenty of fun building them for many years.
Nice blank and well regarded by many. Have a couple myself :cool:.

Cheers
Bob
Saw a couple of your creations the other night bob hanging over the bank of the river nene. Couldn’t mistake the white/orange tips and those lovely glowing isoblobs 👍🏻

Saw a couple of your creations the other night bob hanging over the bank of the river nene. Couldn’t mistake the white/orange tips and those lovely glowing isoblobs 👍🏻
Hi Richard - The isoblobs turned out to be very popular and only offered as a option on new builds on both Bfw and Ai . Two options were offered - small (3mm x 15mm isotope) and large (4mm x 20mm isotope). I was very pleased the way they turned out and offered reasonable anti tangle performance when sited. Ended up buying hundreds of isotopes over the years. Sadly, the larger (4 x 20) became increasingly difficult to source.

Played a number of designs - the one that change the isotope easily. Still occasionally potter with new designs now and then.
Cheers
Bob

isoblobs.jpg

Right - that's it, I'll go off and sulk for a bit but not before I share the fruits of my labour yesterday. A boring Before and After picture.
Harrison Torrix 1.75 11' handle.

View attachment 13026
Your finished rods are a work of art Bob I’ve had 3 or 4 builds off you and there 100 % top quality mate. Oh yeah and I’m ready to order more from you 😂 me and a big que of the other lads aswell I’m sure

Back