• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW Grayling Day - Arrangements

Nathan Walter

OK guys the date is going to be Wednesday 15th February.

Meet in the main car park at say 7.30. I'll be there from about 6.30.

I'll have tea and coffee available and something a little stronger for those that wish to imbibe.

Stuart the River keeper will be on hand to offer advice and some guidance to those that want it.

We can meet up at lunchtime for a mid day social to see who's doing what, if that's what people want. If not we will meet up back at the car park at 5.15pm and then go on to the Bull at Downton for food and drink, for those that wish to come along.

Please note: If the weather and river conditions are bad, we may well need to cancel the day. I will phone Stuart a few days before to check. If the river is very high and coloured, it fishes very poor.

Payment is on the bank and is £10 per ticket, £5 for OAPs. At least if we cancel, it won't cost anybody anything. We can always then re-arrange a day over the next few weeks, before the season ends.

Here are a few links with details of the fishery and directions:

Car Park Map

Fishery Details

River Map

The Bull Hotel

Thanks for organising this Nathan:D. Happy Xmas.
I'm really hopeful I will be able to get along.
Nice blog by the way. I didn't know the Severn fish came from the Enbourne, always thought they were from the Kennet itself; now got a good bit of pub trivia for Severn anglers in the future.:)

Last edited:
Hi Nathan

Can I come with Crooky?:confused:

Can I kip down at yours Crooky?

Last edited:
Rhys, The 'Old River' is wadeable if the levels are down.........If it's pushing a bit you will end up in Christchurch Harbour:cool:
Count me in Nathan ! Like I said any help you need, just shout ! It's a great venue and there are literally miles of river to go at !

Paul if you can be on hand to be a part of the 'meet and greet' team, that would be great. I'm sure your local knowledge of this venue will also come in very useful.

Pete, happy Christmas to you too and thanks for the comments. It's amazing the kinda stuff you can find on the BS site :)

Chubby it would be really good to see you if you can make it.

Just so I have an idea of numbers, I'd appreciate it if those that think they can attend could post on here to confirm. Don't worry if you can't make it, there is no cost for not attending.

I'd like to try and make it, will confirm when I go back to work next week. Any monies raised going to charity? As Ill post when I can confirm.

Brian

just too book the 15th of work and barring accidents ,i'll be there

my only question (well for now) is .are none angling visiters allowed ?, as i might combine the trip with a suprize for someone on the 14th ,kill two birds with one stone ,so too speak.

I'm coming.

Wow I won't even have to fish just watch the man himself in action. Free lesson Keith? lol

Brian

Nice one Keith, look forward to seeing you there.

There'll be plenty of tea and coffee or a drop of the hard stuff to warm the old cockles!

I hope we can get a good turn out. There will be a few regulars present who may offer a bit of advice to any newbies.

Back