• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

bfw fish in river ribble

That sounds great, what accommodation is available on the Saturday night? I presume it is a day ticket stretch, have you any idea about the cost jerry?
Thanks Dave

The stretch isnt confirmed yet, a fellow BFW member is just looking into it for us with the controlling club.

The cost will depend on how everyone wants to play it, if its just a social weekend just a fiver or so to go towards the food and i'll do a bbq on the bank on the sat evening (bring your own beer) if everyone wants to do a charity weekend slightly more. no more than £15 i wouldnt have thought at the most.

Jez

Jerry when can the dates be confirmed ?? its a long trip for me but sounds like a fun weekend :) Hopefully I haven't got any work booked for either set of dates .

Neil

Just waiting to hear back about the preferred stretch, so hopefully not long then i'll stick the dates up.

Jez

ribble

nice one andy::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Whats the nearest town / village ?? need to work out the mileage and diesel costs !! I've got a week on the severn / Wye in July so need to make sure its all good with the boss ;)

Count me in jez and any help needed just shout as are last couple of charity fishes. Nearest town is preston as I think its about 5 miles out from there though there is pubs and shops within a mile

Looking like there might have to be a change of location as there's been no responce from the club all week despite the positive reply earlier this week. Think they were expecting a 5 hour match not a full weekend. :(

Still waiting to here about a stretch on the ribble, haven't had time to chase it up due to being busy at home, I'll get back on it when things calm down, will more than likely be looking at September now though.

Jez

Back