• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Betalight/isotope alternative

I’ve bought isotopes from this seller(Darrencarp) Great service and great prices,highly recommended 👍 👍👍

I used to buy mine in units of 20 from a reliable source.
Since then the larger sizes seem to have been phased out and prices gone up significantly.
Green was reckoned on being the brightest colour.
Remember having to search around for the 4mm x 20mm and quality got quite variable.

Cheers
Bob

Back when I used the cheap boxes of multi coloured star lights, I always found red to be the easiest on the eyes, closely followed by blue. They are a lot brighter than isotopes mind.
I might get a couple of red isotopes and some shrink tube and give it a go.

still use the red star lights i bought many years ago much better than isotopes.

Back when I used the cheap boxes of multi coloured star lights, I always found red to be the easiest on the eyes, closely followed by blue. They are a lot brighter than isotopes mind.
I might get a couple of red isotopes and some shrink tube and give it a go.
My mate had red isotopes in his alarms and you literally couldn’t even see them. They were only small mind

You can barely see my 10+ yo drennans to be fair! They only work when it's pitch black, but that's fine for me, too bright and it sends me batty.

Back