• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Best waders

Slight thread hijack here.

How do chesties get sized ??

I'm a 13 in shoe size and struggle to get a good choice of shoes/boots. I'm also on the larger size as well. I bought a pair of second hand size 13 Snowbee chest waders a while ago and while they are OK, they are on the snug size.

I'm always a little dubious about buying something that covers so much of our bodies, just based on the size of our feet. I know some chest waders come in larger body sizes, but how do you know that they'll fit ??
I get through loads of pairs, I'm a very regular small stream Trout fisherman mainly, and none of them last that long doing this.
Imo you have to try waders on, even if you later buy online, too snug and the seams will be buggered in no time, too baggy and fabric in the leg area will constantly rub when moving about and deteriorate quickly.

If you buy expensive breathables, some manufacturers do a myriad of different shapes eg Simms.

Last resort; contact ‘diverdave’ and he can change the size of the stocking foot or even boot. He also sells reconditioned waders that are a very good buy IF he has something your size. I got a pair of Vision breathables for my other half for £100. They had been seam sealed and pressure tested. He can also fix waders that leak.
Second shout out to diverdave- brilliant service and able to do amazing things with waders!

TBH the amount of wading I do it wouldn't be worth the expense of buying good quality chest waders. If I was doing it on a regular basis, then I'd buy some, but for the times I do wade, I'd probably be better with some thigh waders, and just accept I'll have to stay closer to the bank.

Still not much choice for my size feet though.

Here’s a bargain

I bought my first pair of Simms Breathable Guide waders in 1997. They lasted until last year. As long as you hang them to dry after use and te h wash occasionally they will last I think 25 years of use upto 70 days a year is £500 well spent and a worthy investment I can still use them although one of the feet has a minor leak and not worth repairing. I use them as a spare or in the winter as a bib and brace

I bought my first pair of Simms Breathable Guide waders in 1997. They lasted until last year. As long as you hang them to dry after use and te h wash occasionally they will last I think 25 years of use upto 70 days a year is £500 well spent and a worthy investment I can still use them although one of the feet has a minor leak and not worth repairing. I use them as a spare or in the winter as a bib and brace

That's a great idea...bib and brace!

for the times I do wade, I'd probably be better with some thigh waders, and just accept I'll have to stay closer to the bank.

Still not much choice for my size feet though.

I've been using Skellerup safety waders since last autumn. I'm very happy with them and they don't cost a fortune. I understand that they go up to a UK 14. However, they recommend buying a size smaller than you normally would. Effectively, they are producing up to UK15.

https://abbeydaledirect.co.uk/produ...bFnJTyzaT3sPBNFNvweBrI2WdjbJeLpBoCAEYQAvD_BwE

Back