• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Best value river fishing permits

David Traynor

I have currently joined warrington aa last month and am really looking forward to fishing some of the stretches, including the river dane, Severn, dove, wye, Ribble, trent and derwent to name some, not including countless still waters and canals. This has cost me £40 plus a one off joining fee of £35. What angling clubs are you members of and what stretches can you fish? Is it value for money?

I joined BAA even though I live in Devon, still around 200 miles river plus canals and a few ponds for £35 and no joining fee, cant be bad !

BAA has a vast expanse of waters to go at and is amazing value. It falls down on the people who join and dont take litter away sadly, yes some of the litter may come from poachers but not all. It needs more bailiffing IMHO to get the dross that litter off the bank.

Im a member of Veralum Angling. Not sure its worth the £125, but has some good fishing.
We have a couple of stretches of the upper Lea, and Fishers Green. some of the grand union canal, plenty of River Ouse in Bucks' and some still waters. There are some things that need improving and i cant quite justify the price of the ticket, but due to a couple of the stretches and their idyllic nature i pay it!

Last edited:
peterborough & district angling association is only £24 full £12 OAP £5 kids 12-15. no joining fee. it has some excellent barbel fishing in several locations on the nene plus ferry meadows lakes in ferry meadows country park.
no night fishing i`m afraid.

Back