• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Berkeley Big Game supplier

Stuart Brookes

Would any one have a link for a site selling Big Game Clear 10lb BS?
I ordered some from EBay which clearly showed Big Game but I have been sent Trilene which isn't what I want.

That's it Joe, exactly as I have. I have always found http://www.fishingtackle-online.co.uk/berkley-game-mono-c-81.html a reliable supplier Stuart. I think you might find it. £ or so cheaper but I got caught out a couple years ago and received Big Game made in Japan from another supplier on eBay and it was springy as hell so I went back to Fishing Tackle Online after I emailed them asking, and getting assurance that what they supplied was USA made. RECOMMEND them.

Regards

Bill

I just had a look in my garage I have big game triliene and trilene big game and have never really noticed a difference.

I just had a look in my garage I have big game triliene and trilene big game and have never really noticed a difference.

With the stuff made in the USA, I don't think there is a difference, other than a label redesign - when I was hunting around for it earlier in the year I came across both and, actually, there seem to be 3 US label variations - one that is just called Berkley Big Game (the original label), one called Big Game Trilene [which John mentioned] and Berkley Trilene Big Game, which is the current one as sold by Berkley in the States. But all three seem to be identical, and as long as you are purchasing from a reliable and genuine dealer selling the real US deal, there's not really anything to worry about.

The only issue may be that if you buy the one that just has Big Game on the label, you could be buying ex shop stock which has been lying around in the sun for years.

Back