• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Beauchamp Court

Joe Fletcher

No Longer a Member
Have just been looking on the BAA web site and it appears the Barbel Society are not going to renew the lease for Beauchamp Court on the Lower Severn

I know from the BAA website they are not interested in taking it on and I was wondering if any one had any info on who might be taking it over .

I dropped the original email to the B.A.A suggesting it may be a stretch of water they might want to consider, the response I got back was they weren't interested in leasing water, they are only looking to purchase now, the walk from the car park was too far :) and they already have a lot of water on the Severn.
I hope someone takes it on anyway!

Cheers
Mark

Have just been looking on the BAA web site and it appears the Barbel Society are not going to renew the lease for Beauchamp Court on the Lower Severn

I know from the BAA website they are not interested in taking it on and I was wondering if any one had any info on who might be taking it over .

Well I guess BS dropped it because the barbel catches have fallen, and if nearby Severn Stoke is a pointer I am not surprised. This is an ideal time then to attend the Gloucester BS talk in Tewkesbury on THURSDAY (Tomorrow) at Gupshill Manor where the topic will be Lower Severn Barbel and how to increase your catches:)

Should be interesting.

Well I guess BS dropped it because the barbel catches have fallen, and if nearby Severn Stoke is a pointer I am not surprised. This is an ideal time then to attend the Gloucester BS talk in Tewkesbury on THURSDAY (Tomorrow) at Gupshill Manor where the topic will be Lower Severn Barbel and how to increase your catches:)

Should be interesting.

Hi Neil
The speaker has changed mate, its now Dave Mason and the river teme plus bait making
Hope that helps

Must be a fair mark up on those rods Mark. :D

When the b/s had it Beauchamp was too pricey, had too many rules, (you couldn't even sleep in your van on the carpark) and was a hell of a treck through two locked gates, a ploughed field and a stile before you even got to the floodbank.
There are far better waters on the lower, just as exclusive as Beauchamp ever was and with the benefit of parking behind your swim if you know where to look and who to ask.

Or you could join Kinver who control most of the other bank which tends to be where the flow is anyway.

Last edited:
Thats a simple one Neil....... Go to the Trent.

Was thinking of making the treck up North, got a son in college in Nottingham so to kill two birds....but where do I start.. Collingham perhaps:)
But would really like some info on perhaps some day ticket waters (If not on the BAA card) that would provide easy access and loads of barbel of course.:p

Back