• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Beachcasting day shelter.

Chris Bracey

anyone tried one of these?
FISHING BEACH SHELTER BIVVI TENT 7ft wide with groundsheet carrybag quick erect | eBay

Got me thinking - only 2lb in weight so easy and light to carry - must be strong enough to face some of the stronger winds that you can get on the beach.

And very cheap - looking for a day shelter for occasional use such as on the Wye - when perhaps not needing to move much.

Very much like this i guess http://www.totalfishinggear.co.uk/online.cfm/tfg-bivvies-and-brollies/hardwear-day-shelter/39/no%20/64776

But i suppose they are not to useful unless you are on even ground (if they have a sewn in groundsheet?)
any experience or views?

Last edited:
Not tried one,but have seen a collapsed one flying down the beach in a breeze, with a very ipssed off angler chasing it, but,pegging out in sand is not easy,maybe it will be ok for a river bank,cheap as chips as well.
If you do get one and its ok, let us all know.

Dave

Back