• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Basingstoke ?

Andy Thatcher

Administrator
Staff member
All.

Most of you prolly do not remember me but I moved to Florida 10 years or so ago and it is time to start thinking about a move back to the UK.

Looking at a few jobs and one that is likely is in Basingstoke. I know Reading and it's rivers are close by and that the Loddon emerges there so my question is.....

As a barbel angler with a job in Basingstoke where would you live and still be within say 30 of work ?

Gone are the days I have any interest in traveling 90 odd minutes at least from above Bedford to Sunbury !

Cheers
Andy

Welcome back Andy. Barbel fishing in that area is very tough these days. The only rivers with a good head of barbel along most of their lengths are the Trent, Severn, and Wye. Others have reasonable numbers, but they are all in decline imo. I fish for other species a lot these days.

Nick C

Far from back yet Nick but starting to apply for jobs and one of them is in that area.

Low population rivers are not something that bothers me as the areas of Gt Ouse I fished were tricky. In fact that was why I fished them.

I was never a single species angler taking time for most species other than pike. Still multi species but slightly different ones !

Hurricane Irma I think was the thing that has pushed me. Just bored of replacing roofs and missing TV reports to be careful when there are those nasty gales lol

Back