• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barrow

Perhaps a small Shetland pony or Donkey would be better ,sturdy and willing ,and happy to graze while you fish , also a bit of company that doesn't answer back . Need a horsebox though . On the upside you can always ride it back when exhausted after a long session of carbelling :D

many years ago Mike that might have been possible as my grandparents used to have donkeys on Cleethorpes beach. For a while my friends used to call me donkey and many a girlfriend was left disappointed . And if my fishing mate was around he would say eeaw eeaw eealways says that. Think I best go for a barrow!

I warned my son in law about this Joe, did he listen ? nope, not until he ended up with 10 stitches in his nut after one let go.

I was a touch paranoid about getting injured whilst narrowing all my gear down to my swim on Thursday night - think I'll dig out the 'fasty straps' that came with the roofbox. Don't want to jeopardise my film star looks ..::)

Perhaps a small Shetland pony or Donkey would be better ,sturdy and willing ,and happy to graze while you fish , also a bit of company that doesn't answer back . Need a horsebox though . On the upside you can always ride it back when exhausted after a long session of carbelling :D

Better still, get a Camel. Better for longer sessions and for trekking to those far away swims. Pretty useful for fish spotting too. I think Korda were knocking out the 'DF Super Dromedaries' a while ago - but they stopped after their were some issues regarding the hooves. A problem which is quite common down in Essex I'm led to believe.

Oneguy used to use a wheel brrow on harefield years ago
always had a bag of charcoal and some chicken ire too it use to double up a a bar-b-que too :)

Back