• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel Weigh Sling...

John Cook

Hi All,

I am after a soft lightweight quick drying drawstring type barbel weigh sling, dont want one of a size to weigh 40lb. carp......At present i am using the fox shake and dry barbel weigh sling but dont like playing around with the zips, it doesnt dry quick and is to smal....Any thoughts please???:)

I was going to recommend the Fox one John, i find it very good and mine dries fairly quickly, I have not seen anyone else using anything different too the Fox or the landing net.

As for being too small, perhaps i am fishing the wrong places LOL

Carrier bag the kind from a DIY store that you get your wall paper rolls in!!!

I really like the Middy IQ Barbel sling I use, dries quickly, is not net or a drawstring though...............it pack up very small, I just roll it up inside my mat.

Dave with that attitude you never going to improve your pb! :)

The Blue IKEA wallpaper bags are ideal.

And only cost 50p!!

As long as you can get the Mrs out before she gets too involved!!:eek:

Probably not what you want but I use the trakker safety sling , its got fibre glass arms so support fish and while it has zips either end its ideal for transfering fish back to water safely

The Blue IKEA wallpaper bags are ideal.

And only cost 50p!!

As long as you can get the Mrs out before she gets too involved!!:eek:

If my good lady saw me with a wallpaper bag her excitement and expectations would be raised to unprecedented levels. Once she discovered that it was actually 'yet another fishing item' my pain threshold would have to suddenly reach similar heights, performance wise :p

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Lads,

Thank you for your thoughts, the gardner one looks exactly what i am after so i will be ordering one from the BFW shop....:)

Ian, If i can get a barbel in it within that time scale:(

Back