• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel talk, I know it is short notice but.........

Keith Speer

Hi Chaps

I hope Andy does not mind and I know this is very short notice but Dave Currel and I are giving a talk and slide show tomorrow at:-

Hatfield Social Club (Opposite Hatfield Main line station) in Hatfield Hertfordshire, AL9 5ER.

Start time is 8.00pm Doors open at 7.30pm.
Tickets are £5 and all monies are to go to Marie Curie Cancer Fund, this is in memory of Vic Parker of The Hatfield Angling Club.

Vic died recently and during his last few months the Marie Curie Cancer Care helped Vic and his family enormously.

Last edited:
unfortunately cant make it keith due to the wifes condition mate, i am sure it will be an enterting and informative evening and hope its a roaring success:)

Hi John

We will be doing more mate, this one is a small favour for a club we are both in, so it is a small local event and to be fair I am still brushing up exactly what the finished format will be.
I was told someone was going to put it on here but as I have had a couple of weeks off fishing I did not bother to check.

I think we are doing one in either December or January for The Verulam Angling Club, which will be a much more organised and advertised event.

Must get together again soon anyway, it's been too long mate.

Tight lines.

stuck indoors looking after the wife at moment keith, looks like an ongoing situation until they replace the kneecap, i would love to meet up on a fishing trip with you and mike once i can get out and about mate:)

Back